Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Unfolding

This is the hour of my birth ~ 12:06 on the sixth day of the sixth month. I am sitting alone... here... in the midnight still. Hushed calm, inked skies and wandering whispers of time unfolding. I feel the embrace of those gone before me and I am warmed, to this day, by their patient love. I was blessed to be born on my Grandpa's birthday. He was a kind and gentle soul. His life sang of good cheer and sweet kisses and we always celebrated together.
G'night Papa ~

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Happy, happy birthday, Gemma Grace. And what a gift to share it with your beloved Grandpa. I hope your day is joyful and blessed.

04:18  
Blogger Ness said...

Happy Birthday, Gemma Grace! A wonderful gift you are, to the world.

11:29  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy Birthday sweet Gemma. You must take after your wonderful Grandfather...sweet soul. By the way...that cake looks shamefully good.

08:50  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Happy Birth Day GG.

08:52  
Blogger Gemma Grace said...

Thank you for the loving, warm and sweet birthday wishes. They made my day! A big, cuddly hug to you all :D

11:39  
Blogger Gemma Grace said...

Thank you dear Tamar :) I'm a bit behind myself. Love to you ~~

08:53  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I am utterly late, but I love your ode to yourself and to your grandpa. Happy New Year of your life!

13:09  
Blogger Gemma Grace said...

Thank you dear Willow :) Your timing is always impeccable!

12:21  
Blogger Kristi Tencarre said...

beautiful words!

14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home